Why Use a Specialist?
Put it this way. If you owned a Porsche, would you take it to just any mechanic?
Our hands are unique and complex machines with many moving parts, such as nerves, tendons, blood vessels, bones, and ligaments.
The demands we place on them are great, and our vitality and livelihoods depend upon their health.
As such, they require dedicated care from experts.
A hand surgeon such as me:
- Has chosen the upper extremity as their primary focus.
- Has undergone additional specialized fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery.
- Has the acumen to correctly diagnose a myriad of conditions, common and rare, involving the hand.
- Knows how to treat these conditions without surgery, and knows when surgery is needed.
- Is up-to-date on the literature and well-versed in the best techniques to treat your problems.
- Can develop patient-specific treatment plans that consider your goals, your occupation, and your time frame for recovery.
- Can treat complications that may develop.
- Can closely monitor and ensure your appropriate recovery after surgery
All with the goal of getting you the best possible outcome.